Anonymous asked: Is the next event March 2nd?
Yes it is! I’m still trying to figure out who the advice givers are going to be, but we will definitely be having Free Advice Friday on 3/2 from 12-2 at the Creative Coast office at 15 W York St!
I’m late getting this out, but we are definitely having Free Advice Friday this Friday (1/6) from 12-2 at the Creative Coast office at 15 W York St!! We’ve got an awesome lineup this month:
- Steve Hartley - A professor at Savannah Tech with special expertise in historic preservation
- Tom Kohler - Connector of people and ideas, wise man and bearded gentle giant
- Jillian Rowe - Social media genius
- Robin Sherman - Robin Sherman provides editorial and design services for small publishers, businesses, and nonprofits in content strategy, content development, and content marketing; design, layout, typesetting; and social media.
I won’t be there this month, because this lineup doesn’t need the help! Come by, get your advice and have fun!
I hope y’all had a lovely Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday and Cyber Monday without getting maced, tazed, occupied or bankrupted. If you did get any of those things, or better yet, want some advice about solar stuff, then we’ve got a great lineup of advice givers for you this month! This month’s lineup includes:
Tom Kohler: Savannah native, knower of everyone, maven, connector and accomplisher of things large and small. Oh no, Tom can’t make it! So, in his place, we’ve wrangled star of the Savannah tech scene, Chad Warner, from Blue Lime Studio. He knows a lot about BBQ, downtown Savannah and lots of other things that he’s keeping a secret. You’ll just have to ask him and see what he comes up with.
- Shabnam Gideon: Manager of projects, rider of bicycles, aware being, preparer and eater of vegetables.
- Kevin Lawver: Doer of stuff, maker of web things, manager of products, causer of trouble, newly minted CEO at Music Intelligence Solutions.
- And our extra special advice giver this month, Lester Wiggins: solar panel technologist from Savannah Tech. He’s an expert in wind power, solar thermal, electrical construction, inspections and an unknown quantity of other subjects! You should come see if you can stump him!
There you go. We hope to see you this Friday, 12/2 from 12-2 (oooh, look at how that worked out) at the Creative Coast office at 15 W York St!!
We are on for Free Advice Friday next week (10/7) from 12-2 at the Creative Coast office at 15 W York St!! We’ve got a great lineup of advice givers with expertise in everything from dealing with the city bureaucracy to web development to… well, we may have a special guest or two.
I hope to see you there!
I was walking to lunch with a co-worker and she asked if it was “alright to just drop in for a few minutes.”
After I recovered, I realized that this was all my fault and I need to explain the process a little more. Here’s how it’s supposed to work (you can see this process in action for yourself tomorrow from 12-2 at the Creative Coast office at 15 W York St in lovely downtown Savannah, GA):
- Come in.
- Sit down in front of an unlicensed amateur advice-giver.
- Ask for some advice.
- Get some advice.
- Say “thank you”.
- Stand up
- Turn around, walk out the door.
The whole process from beginning to end should take you no more than 5-10 minutes depending on what kind of advice you need. You could, if you’re brave, repeat steps 2-6 and switch to a different advice-giver if you need more than one piece of advice.
We’ve tried to keep the whole advice-dispensing process as painless as possible. There are no appointments, no forms to fill out, no painful injections. There’s just knowledge passing between two people.
I hope to see a ton of you there!
Anonymous asked: decaf or regular?
Regular. There’s no reason to drink decaf (which is basically regular coffee that’s been brewed over and over again to remove the caffeine - along with most of the flavor). If you’re tempted to drink decaf, drink water instead; it’ll taste better.
We’ve got our victims for September all signed up and ready to go, and it’s an impressive lineup. So, get ye down to the Creative Coast office (15 W York St) on September 2nd from 12-2 and come get some free advice. Advice on what? Just about whatever you can think of. We’ll come up with some kind of answer for you.
Here’s who we’ve got for September:
- Shabnam Gideon: vegan baking, local/seasonal food, project management, “random personal stuff” and project management
- Tom Kohler: beards, Savannah history, being wonderful and giving sincere compliments
- Murray Wilson: satellite television, BBQ, fermented vegetables, project management
- Kevin Lawver: eating, comic books, web development, the cluetrain manifesto and corporate guerrilla warfare.
I hope to see you there!